Friday, April 25, 2014

Compassion

I don't know how else to express my thoughts except on paper. I never thought I'd care for someone like you. I guess I have learned a lot from you. I took up photography, and I'd say I've gotten pretty good. I learned how to cook, and how to take better care of myself. I grew up a bit. Thank you for teaching me. Some things are so inevitable that it's funny how predictable they actually are. People make promises. No matter how devote you are, thousands of years of trial and error has taught us a few things. You can't tell people who to love. You can't tell people how to fight. Treaties and promises don't keep peace. Peace has always been a choice.

My mother used to tell me "don't ever fall in love, you'll let yourself get hurt, and then you'll forgive". This echos in my mind. Don't ever feel compassion because you will get hurt. I do not know how many lovers and friends I have been hurt by.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts