Sunday, August 4, 2013

Darth Vader, Christ, and The Rubble of the World Trade

This being my most popular work, (for explainable reasons). People often ask me "what does it mean". This painting was based off an idea I had where Darwin is putting Christ to rest on a pile of bones. The conceptualization was too obvious. Not dynamic, boring, so I switched Darwin to Darth Vader. 


The relationship between Jesus, and Darth Vader is a messianic one. Both are prophets with similar aspects; virgin births, self-sacrifice, magical powers. The world trade centers are a result of religious fervor, and the interpretations of the Prophet Muhammed. All Prophetic cultural reactions; synthesized historico interpretations of Christ, represented at vastly different periods of time. To me this piece represents the battle between good and evil, in a way that accepts that they may be one and the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts