Monday, December 30, 2013

Dream #24



Dream #24





Dream #25
Oil On Canvas
20" x 30" x 1.5"

This painting was painted via a reference photo I took at the birdseed fashion smash benefit show. This is a portrait of Steffany Cook. The original photo is below. I am proud of my photography; I use a Canon 60d with a prime lens to literally take shots in the dark.


A few changes in the final painting meant it was ready for viewing. Though something didn't feel right. The background was to bright. So I changed it. I started adding a dark green background to the painting, letting the figure pop. I couldn't stop myself as I continued to add classical ships, and impressionist lighting. This came natural, as most of my work is very organic.


After letting the piece dry, it was finally ready for viewing, and honestly one of my best works. I enjoy the ships in the background, and the way the lighting feels like a classical painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts